Use up those leftovers
You know I love to make quiche, I know the recipe by heart, but when I saw this article about frittata's for brunch, I thought just like a quiche but no crust. Its healthier, easier and just as good. Julie and I always serve our quiche with a side salad with sunflower seeds and ranch dressing (from our days working at Olives East) but I just sliced up an heirloom tomato.......so good. Recipe below. Enjoy!
8 large eggs
1/3 cup heavy cream
3/4 c. shredded mozzarella or any cheese you have
Freshly ground black pepper
Pinch red pepper flakes
2 tbsp.extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup small sweet onion, sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
¾ cup Italian sausage
1/2 c. ricotta or goat cheese
1 bag baby spinach
1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, heavy cream, and cheese. Season with salt, pepper, and a pinch red pepper flakes.
2. Cook sausage until browned.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion, cook for 8-10 mins until golden, add garlic and cook until soft, 3 minutes. Add spinach and cook until wilted, 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the cooked sausage.
4. Pour egg mixture into skillet then dollop with ricotta or goat cheese and transfer skillet to oven.
5. Bake until eggs are just set, 15-20 minutes.
Another 70 degree day sitting down by the lake!