This flourless chocolate cake is made with walnuts and coconut sugar. I made some raspberry syrup and whipped up some cream. Not low fat but low carb and delicious!!
Flourless Chocolate Walnut Torte
· 1 1/4 cup walnuts (or substitute hazelnuts or almonds)
· 1 cup coconut sugar
· ½ cup cocoa powder (plus more for dusting top of cake)
· 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· ½ cup coconut oil or melted butter
· 4 large eggs
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease the sides of an 8-inch cake pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
2. Put the walnuts, coconut sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in the food processor and process until finely ground. Add the coconut oil, vanilla and eggs and process just until incorporated, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
3. Scrape batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until puffed around the edges and just set in the center. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
Dust top lightly with cocoa powder before serving if desired.