What's the difference between a muffin and a cupcake?
Definition of Cupcake and Muffin
Cupcake ‘“ is a small cake baked in a special pan that can be eaten by one person in one sitting. Apart from their size, they have all the same attributes of a cake which can include frosting and other decorations.
Muffin ‘“ is a small loaf of bread baked in a shallow, round pan. Unlike traditional loaves of bread, muffins generally have more butter and sugar in them.
Read more: Difference Between Cupcake and Muffin | Difference Between http://www.differencebetween.net/object/difference-between-cupcake-and-muffin/#ixzz59SHSbZVo
Got this recipe off Pintrest, just added my own twist.....
Blueberry, lemon and thyme Cupcakes with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
· 1 box yellow cake mix you can even use white cake mix, but this is what I had on hand
· 3 eggs
· 1/3 cup oil
· 3/4 cup full fat yogurt
· 1/2 cup buttermilk
· 1 1/2 cups blueberries fresh or frozen
· 1 tbls lemon zest
· 1 tsp fresh thyme
· Lemon Buttercream:
· 1/2 cup butter softened
· 1 package 8 ounce cream cheese
· 2 teaspoons lemon juice
· 3 cups powdered sugar
· Extra blueberries for garnishing
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and line pans with cupcakes liners.
2. For the Cupcakes
3. Place the cake mix into a medium bowl and set aside.
4. In another bowl combine the eggs, oil, yogurt and buttermilk, lemon zest and fresh thyme. Using a hand mixer beat until fully incorporated.
5. Add the cake mix and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Gently fold in the blueberries by hand.
6. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
7. Let cool completely at room temperature.
8. For the Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
9. Beat butter and cream cheese until smooth.
10. Add in lemon juice.
11. Add the icing sugar a little at a time and beat until you reach the desired consistency.
12. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and top with fresh berries.
I little plug for the company I work for now. These blueberries are so fresh, I made smoothies, put some in the freezer and made cupcakes. I post a cup cake pic when they are done.